* Because my wedding ring, symbol of my union in Church, got broken only 6 months after the religious ceremony and on top of that, the jeweler was accusing me of not taking care of it.
* Because our wedding was so beautiful and the only thing that stained it was the memory of missing diamonds fallen off from the ring. And this happened twice.
* Because of the way the jeweler managed this unfortunate situation, chasing me with a lawyer and threatening to sue me for slandering in case I was not stopping ‘the illegal behavior” of telling my story on my blog.
* Because the jeweler was blaming me, when they had done a very poor repair job. Ring lost again two diamonds one month later after the repair.
* Because the jeweler outrageously claimed that repair was done properly and at high standards of quality. Meanwhile I was looking in despair at my ring with two diamonds broken and lost and all of this after one month after the “marvelous” repair.
* Because the jeweler threatened to sue me of slandering if I had not removed my blog post that was telling my experience with his company
* Because jeweler kept insisting that it was my fault that the ring broke in the first place. I am not sure how he comments the reason for breaking the second time after the “so called’ repairBecause the jeweler kept accusing me of slandering and telling lies on my blog, when I was just sharing my true personal story.
* Because the jeweler started communicating only via his lawyer, even on matters like how to take care of a ring with diamonds. The funny part is that his lawyer browsed online instructions of how to care for jewelry (in general, but not in particular wedding rings with diamonds) and he copy-pasted them in his reply. According to these instructions I had to remove the ring every time I was washing my hands, every time I was putting cream on my hands, whilst washing up the dishes, while sleeping, while doing sport, while… While.. In the end, as per the lawyer’s instructions, the ring would have been most of the time not worn and in danger of getting lost with so many times being removed from the finger.
* Because the jeweler proved to be lacking business ethics, care for consumer and consideration for the unfortunate situation linked to one of his products. In my view, he did not give a damn for all the personal distress his bad service caused me, especially that the latest repair service provided was clearly really poor.
* Because of the lack of coherence in the jeweler’s discourse. When we returned the broken ring to the shop, we were told by the shop assistant that we would be paying only for the labor repair and not for the diamonds (which were supposedly on the house). Later on, when the ring got broken one month following the repair, the jeweler told us that we had paid for the diamonds but not for the labor that had been on the house. Nevertheless, in his last email, the jeweler claims that repair service included good work, adding more gold (to be honest that was the first time this part was mentioned) and resetting the diamonds (from which two of them fell one month later).
* Because I felt my trust cheated, because I felt that I was mugged.
and the list could go on…..
Meanwhile the European Consumer Center informed me that no amicable solution was reached with the Zakynthos jeweler – Michalopoulos. In December I had informed the jeweler that we decided to redo the ring from scratch in Belgium as we no longer trusted their manufacturing services (after all, the ring had broken twice). We were dropping the claims of purchase cancellation & reimbursement and we were only requesting the reimbursement of the initial repair which turned out to be very faulty. The jeweler declined even the repair reimbursement. I asked the jeweler at least to provide us with the 2 diamonds lost (following their repair). He declined, as it is not possible.
Anyway, we could have agreed to have the ring redone from scratch by the Zakynthos jeweler – Michalopoulos. But I needed to pay more that 100 euros for shipment and ring insurance. On top of that I no longer trusted their services, after having the ring broken already twice. Who would have trusted them anyway, after all that happened?